Sappi Checker Vacancies – Matric Candidates Can Apply Before 15 February 2024
Sappi Checker Vacancies 2024 :- Dear prospective applicant, the Sappi (Sappi) invites individuals with a minimum qualification of Matric to apply for Checker Vacancies within the organization. This exciting opportunity offers a chance to contribute in the Sappi while utilizing your educational background and skills. As a Matric qualified candidate, you are encouraged to apply and be part of a dynamic team dedicated to serving the Sappi. Your educational attainment at the Matric level positions you as a valuable candidate for these vacancies, and we look forward to considering your application.
|Name of Recruitment
|Name of Post
|15 February 2024
Sappi Checker Vacancies 2024 Full Job Description
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Timber Checker to ensure that all fibre receipts entering the mill by road conform to all set specifications.
As a Timber Checker, you will be responsible for:
- Inspecting all chemical loads and ensure that the timber conforms to the set specifications.
- Inspecting all newsprint loads and ensure that the timber conforms to the set specifications.
- Inspecting all hardwood loads and ensure that the timber conforms to the set specifications.
- Preparing warning or rejection notice for no conforming loads.
- Denying mill access of rejected chemical and hardwood loads.
- Transferring rejected Newsprint and offloads the rejected load as chemical.
- Rejecting loads leaking water.
- Loading timber receipts on relevant forms
- Quality checks delivery notes.
- Communicating with all the drivers and make sure that they understand and comply to the mill’s safety standards.
- Denying mill access to unsafe vehicle.
- Ensuring permit timber is accompanied by a permit before it is allowed to be offloaded.
- Loading BOC entering the mill on relevant BOC forms.
- Identifying, communicating and mitigating risks.
What are we looking for?
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science or N3 Pulp and Paper.
- Receiving Bay experience will be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on upon the role)
- Market leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits